Monday, February 9, 2009

Sibling Superstars!!



I signed the boys up for a class at the hospital this weekend. It is called Sibling Superstar. It was the cutest thing ever, at least I thought so. The boys had a lot of fun. I think they learned a lot, too. The hospital went above and beyond. I was so glad we decided to do it. Plus, they gave it to me for free since I work there, so it doesn't get much better than that.

The boys came away with new shirts that say, "I'm a Big Brother" and a new book about having a baby. Plus some hospital dress-ups. 

I thought they did a cute job teaching them what to expect. It was hillarious all the things the little kids said. I chuckled through the whole class. It was even funnier than the funny days in primary. Towards the end of the class, one of the 3-year old boys rose his hand and said very straight-forwardly, "I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE A NEW BABY!!" Gotta love them for their honesty.

I think we are officially getting ready. I don't think you are every really ready, but we are trying to move in that direction. Logan now has the "we can't let the baby play with LEGOS, she might choke on them" thing down. Daven is so excited. He loves babies, I can't wait to see how he interacts with her.

I am worried because I so don't want Logan to feel like the middle child. He seems okay with having the baby, but he is a mama's boy. He is used to a lot of attention. If anyone has any tips or ideas, I'd love to hear them!! 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Just start completely ignoring him now and when she comes he will just be so grateful you remember his name it won't matter that he is getting less attention than he was used to.
Seriously I did it, it totally works.

Molly said...

Oh, I am sure he will be fine, they both will. They will love their little sister. I know with Brynley and Zac, I really had to put her first in the beginning. If she wanted me I put Zac down and I tended to her. It was important to show her that she hadn't been forgotten in all of this. I would say she has been a better sibling than Hayden so it hasn't been too bad. I love the idea of that class, how fun. And the boys look stinkin cute in their Hospital garb!

Jenni said...

Hopefully Logan will adjust quickly to his new little sister. I have heard that when the older child (Logan) and the new baby both need you...give your attention to Logan first. I thought it would be the other way, but the older one will remember. We will just have to have Logan over to play with Kliner so he will be distracted! It will all work out!

The Reading Armadillo said...

That is so stinkin' cute! They are going to be the best big brothers ever!

Heather K said...

I can't remember when you are due?

Maddy said...

They look so cute! And what a fun class. Kathleen is now insistant that I sign my kids up for this class and she wants to know what you got your degree in because she thinks your job sounds fun. Yes -- you were the topic of last night's phone convo ;p

Steve and Sarah said...

I found you! I had the same backgroung but just changed it! What a fun class, i didn't know they did them.

John and Rachael Alexander said...

What a great idea! Hope everything goes well with the delivery! I'm sure you are ready to be done!

Shauna said...

I was going to tell you the exact same thing that Jenni said. Tend to the older one first because they will remember. The class sounds awesome. I would love to do that with my girls.