Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Avery Turns One!

Our sweet Avery Bug turned one today. It is hard to believe that one year ago today, she entered this world. It feels like it has been a few months. But not a whole year.

I'll never forget how surprised I was when they placed her on my tummy. I kept feeling her beautiful hands . They were so dainty. I knew I was holding a little girl. But, I had NO idea what other sweet surprises lay ahead of me her first year.

She has surprised us by being so full of energy and life. She is into everything & she likes to make trouble. She loves tape and markers. We have to watch her like a hawk. And, she always makes us smile. She is the most independent thing and wants to do everything all by herself. This includes standing up in her high-chair whether she is buckled in or not. The other day she hit my hand away when I was trying to hold onto her as she stood up in her chair. Stinker.
Here's the beautiful birthday girl.


This is the recycled ball-bopper. I think my mom gave it to Logan. It has been in the garage for about a year in storage. I figured she would love it & never know.
Markers from some friends that know her well!!!! She was so excited and wanted to play with them right away. I can't wait for tomorrow so she can color!! They're mess-free markers by the way.

It's huge. It didn't look this big on the box. Oh-well. decided to get her a cradle for her baby. She has no clue what it is, but its a long time until Christmas. She's not going to be getting a whole lot of toys between now and then. So, we decided to stock up on things she might want later.
The cupcakes had bumble bees on them. She is our busy-bee!
I love this look on her face, like why is everyone looking at me? What is going on?

Here she is trying to get out of her chair to get the cheese-puffs that are on the table. She LOVES cheese puffs. I don't buy them because, I also love cheese-puffs. But, I needed to indulge her for her birthday. And, she wanted them instead of the cupcake and ice-cream. Silly girl :)


Notice the cheese-puff crumbs instead of frosting. I cut them up into bite-size pieces with a knife. Never thought I would have a child that loved cheese puffs.

It was a fun little party for her. A few friends came over to join in the fun. Happy Birthday, muffin. We love you lots!

2 comments:

Nick and Erica Hart said...

Happy Birthday Avery Bug!! I love that girl! Can't wait to see you in a month! And...sis...you look so skinny!! I can't believe she is ONE year old already! WOW! I know I wrote all over on your facebook pictures but I can't get over the pictures and all of those moments you guys capture on camera of her personality. :)

John and Rachael Alexander said...

I can't believe she is one! So cute!