Friday, February 3, 2012

London's Run 2012

London's Run 2012
Queen Creek, Arizona
1:49:56
Maddy, Michelle, me, Brenna
I love these girls so much. We were so excited that Michelle flew out from California to do this race. We had a carb party the night before at Brenna's house. It was delicious food and great visiting!! Then Saturday night, we went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. If only Michelle lived closer! And the race was so exciting, it was Brenna's first one.
I always look so dorky in running pictures. Maybe I run weird and don't know it :) I remember seeing this girl running one day along the canal and I thought, "she looks really funny when she runs." Maybe I'm like her.

This is my sprinting to the finish line. I had to laugh because my goal was to beat 1:50. I did it but by 4 seconds. Ha-ha. At least when I say something, you know I mean it. 1:49:56 was my official time. I think it was about 8:24 minute miles.
My sweet kids greeted me with a kiss after the race and they had made a really cute sign:
RUN MUM!! Loved it.
Well, Mike had a hand in the sign, too. Thanks for coming to cheer me on at the finish line.
Couldn't have EVER run this fast without this girl. She pushes me so hard. By the way, she finished in 1:44 Amazing.

I'm not sure what I want to do next. I don't have any races planned. Maybe some great cross-training?

No comments: