Wednesday, July 23, 2014

And she's off to Kindergarten....

My sweet, smart, and beautiful Avery Mae started Kindergarten on Monday. Here is what I posted on Facebook:

"This little girl went to Kindergarten today. She woke up at 5:30 a.m., Michael Bryner heard her puttering around. We came downstairs and she was dressed, wearing her backpack, and had started making her own lunch. Love you Avery Mae. You were ready for Kindergarten 2 years ago."

She was very excited for her big day. It was Kallen and I that we needed to worry about. I kept myself together until in the car after dropping her off, I started to cry. Driving home, I missed her already. Yesterday (day 2) I turned on the show "Paw Patrol" for Kallen....I started to cry again thinking, if Avery was here, she would be watching this. I really miss her. She has been my side-kick for so long, my little friend. But as we were reading on Sunday night before school, I just had this feeling that she was ready for this and it is going to be good for her.

When I took her to her class, I said good-bye. She was busy coloring at her desk. She looked slightly nervous for the first time ever, but was hiding it very well. I gave her a hug. But then as I got to her door, I just lingered and watched her for a while....I just wasn't ready for this.

She had a great first day. She is going to love school.

 Kallen wasn't sad to see everyone go on Monday. In fact, he was EXSTATIC about the buses!!! Oh my! Every morning he can't wait to take them to the bus stop and pick them up. We talk about buses all day long. Yesterday, he kept coming up to me and saying, "Ay-bree Bus!, LO-LO Bus!"
 Daven looked so handsome and wanted to wear his Sea-Hawks jersey the first day. It was funny because as we walked into his classroom we realized his teacher is a 49-ers fan! ha-ha. Daven and Logan both have male teachers this year. They were excited about that.
Lo-Lo wanted to wear his 49-ers jersey....maybe he wishes he was in Daven's class?

I think I have the cutest kids ever. I am looking forward to all they will learn this school year. I need to come up with lots of plans for Kallen and I. It feels very quiet at home during the day.

No comments: