Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Heartbeat

So exciting news, we went to the doctor yesterday. We took the boys with us. And...we heard the baby's heartbeat. I was glad they found a heartbeat....you know how you always get nervous right before wondering if they will find one. The doctor said the baby was moving around a lot, she had a hard time getting him or her to hold still long enough to get the heartbeat. 

I think most everyone knows around here, but for those of you that don't we are expecting a baby. I am just over 12 weeks along. We are due on March 14th. I am excited, but I have to say that both Mike and I were very surprised when we found out. We were in Utah over the 4th of July and I was "late." I told Mike that I might be pregnant. He just laughed because he didn't think that was the case, plus we weren't even trying. But, sure enough, the night before we left Utah, I took a pregnancy test. I had been feeling a little queezy at times and had to wonder. I was flabbergasted, though, when it was positive. I keep having to ask myself, "Am I really ready for this?" "Can I really handle three?" I am not one of those high energy people that can do it all, so this will really be a challenge for me. I'm not looking forward to all the discomforts of pregnancy, but I think the baby at the end will be nice. Mike is thrilled. We are of course, hoping it is a girl. But, I'm trying not to hold my breath too hard on that one.

I was surprised when she found the heartbeat. I'm like this is real. We are going to have another baby. I am already popping out all over the place and have a nice belly. My belly gets so big when I am preggo and I know I have a long ways to go. I look about as pregnant as some of my friends right before they deliver (you know who you are!!). Sometimes I wish I had height to my advantage.

I reminded Mike about the first time we heard Daven's heartbeat. He took his PDA (yes, we used PDA's back then) and RECORDED the heartbeat. Then, we e-mailed it to everyone! Oh, I am sure that we are in for lots more differences between the 1st and the 3rd baby.


10 comments:

AZ Hey-mon said...

Congratulations! I hope it is a girl also. And you will do great with 3.

I had to laugh at " I think the baby at the end will be nice." You are the best!

Terra Zobrist said...

Rickie, I am so excited for you!

The Reading Armadillo said...

That is great news! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys and I know that you will do so great with three kids. Look at the amazing kids you've been raising so far. They are all so lucky to have you for a mom. Good luck with everything.

Heather K said...

We are SO excited for you guys! Your boys will make such great big brothers!

Molly said...

Yay, congrats on hearing the heart beat! It is very exciting!!! You can totally handle 3 Rickie, are you kidding me? You'll be amazing. I have to say number 3 is special, not sure why that is but for me anyway, I love cuddling my sweet little boy when the other two are driving me insane!!! Good luck!

Ann said...

Finally getting to hear the heartbeat makes it all seem so much more real! You are going to have no problem with #3.

Maddy said...

HOORAY! Now if you'd just stop smoking, we'd be good to go ;p

I hope it's a girl!

Number 3 is a terror. Don't believe the others :D

staci said...

Congrats on #3 guys! That is exciting! Feeling good? I hope so! When is this baby due? We're crossing our fingers for pink this time!! ;)

Mason Family said...

Congratulations i hope you have a girl, they are fun. Holy cow you are going to have another baby good for you, you are a great mom and you will do great thats just who you are. Hey next time your in town call me i would love to see you. Well i hope you feel good and don't get to sick. miss ya

jacque said...

I'm excited for you guys! I agree with Molly-#3 is special. Maybe it's just that I got my boy though. :) Hope your pregnancy continues to go well! You look great--don't beat yourself up! :)