Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bumble-LICIOUS

Okay, she really is Bumble-LICIOUS. Here are a few pictures of my sweet Avery Bug. I can't believe she is 8 months old.

I couldn't decide between the Lady-Bug or the Bumble Bee costume for Aves. But, then I decided the bee is perfect for her because she is the BUSIEST BEE in the whole wide world.
Everyone said that having a girl would be so much calmer than having boys. They are supposedly mellow, have longer attention spans, etc. Well, I don't know what happened, but that is not Avery. She was a good newborn, but now she is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. She doesn't stop. She has to touch and explore everything, and RIGHT NOW! Here she is trying to turn around in her high chair. Yes, she can get all the way around and manages to play with the straps.

For Avery, the grass is always greener on the other side. She always wants what is OVER THERE instead of what is OVER HERE. And as soon as she has what is OVER THERE, she wants what is OVER HERE.

What am I going to do when she can crawl? I already can't leave her alone for 2 seconds.

I love how busy she is, it cracks me up. Perhaps it is in the irony of it all. 

She learned to feed herself this week. I think she is going to be a good eater. And I think I've earned a good eater after my extremely picky Daven, and Logan's Doritos and Strawberries only phase as a baby. I almost don't know what to do with myself when I put BREAD on her tray and she actually eats it. It is kind of fun. Perhaps this will make up for her business.

The moral of the story is: I think life with Avery is going to be full of SURPRISES! Can't wait for more!

5 comments:

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Oh she is getting so big and so adorable! What a doll.

The Reading Armadillo said...

That little bumblebee is so cute! Em was a ladybug. Looks like they both like bugs!

Kathleen said...

rickie, she looks JUST like her gorgeous momma! she is getting SO big, can she slow down?? i really NEED for her and luke to get married!

Maddy said...

I love Avery! I saw that picture of you that is tagged on FB -- HOLY COW! Your kids look so much like you. Call me lady loo! I want to chat.

Ann said...

She is sooo adorable!