Monday, April 2, 2012

Disneyland 2012

It looks like I'm finally getting some time to write this post. We were able to go to Disneyland
with Mike's parents and the kids over Spring Break and stayed in Newport. It was a lot of fun.

We actually surprised the kids the morning we left. We got the kids all packed the night before. We had them eat breakfast and told them we had a big surprise for them. Then we made them pack a backpack with a few things in it for our "surprise." We made them all sit on the couch and told them they were in for a day of CLEANING!! They were not excited about that at all. So then, we spilled the news. It was funny because they just stared at us - not sure what to think. Then Daven said, "Well I want to go to Lego Land." AHHHH! But once we got there, they were so excited and had the best time.

Disneyland always turns into a magical place :)

I have a picture of 2 year-old Logan on this Merry-Go-Round and I think he has the same smile!!

Daven was not happy about standing in the Princess line. Can you tell?

I was so proud of Daven. He became my roller coaster buddy on this trip. He tried The Tower of Terror and California Screamin'. Screamin was his favorite and we went on it again!! He would always hold my hand and wanted to ride with me on the new coasters. I soaked up the fun memory with him. He had fun and was proud of himself!!
Avery was excited, but a little nervous to see the princesses. She got scared around the characters, so she was apprehensive to meet them. But ended up liking them. She was most excited to see Cinderella even if it was from a distance.


This little kid couldn't stop talking about the car ride. He must have asked us at LEAST 100 times the first day to go on it. It was seriously all he ever talked about. He would often pull out his Disneyland map and point out where the car ride was in relationship to where we were. Just to talk about it some more.

But, Logan surprised us all by going on the tower of terror. How old is he again, 5?? I think that might be his last time, but we were shocked by his braveness. I still can't believe it.
We had a day off in between Disney adventures. This is the Newport Beach LDS temple.
It was kind of chilly for a beach day but we enjoyed walking around it.




The boys loved the 4-D Toy Story ride with Grandma Bryner. Avery was actually pretty good at shooting :)




2 comments:

Nick and Erica Hart said...

haha--"the car ride!" And..."legoland". You need to post the video and that part where Mike is like, "we're not going to go to Disneyland if you say Legoland one more time." Haha. Those are cute pics! One of these days we will all have to go to Disneyland together! :)

Kathleen said...

I'm so jealous! It looks like you all had a blast! I'm terrified of roller coasters, but only since Olivia was born?? Random. I love to read all these fun memories and I'm sure one day they will, too.