Sunday, September 23, 2012

Avery Starts Pre-School


This little girl has been excited for preschool for at least a year. Now she gets to go! She is going to Miss Jenni's where Daven went his 2nd year of preschool. She is loving it so far. Miss Jenni says she has started talking a lot to her, which is great to see Avery come out of her shell. I have noticed that she volunteers a lot more information about school when she gets home. With brothers, you barely knew what they had for snack. She gets really into it and tells me LOTS. Love this little girl that is getting so big!

She was worried about me before going to school, though. One day she told me that I wouldn't have to be all by myself while she was at school...because daddy would be here with me! Phew! How sweet. Another time, she told me that I could go to the library and read my book while she was at school. Actually not a bad idea :) Last week she told me I could go play dollhouse while she was gone, but I was going to have to be EVERYONE in the family because she wouldn't be there! I think it is so sweet that she thinks about me. I do miss her !! 

She is pretty independent. On her second week, she tried to convince me just to drop her off, kiss her in  the car, and let her walk in by herself. I was shocked, that one came way too soon!! But I convinced her that mommy needs to walk her to the door in case Miss Jenni has to tell me anything :)

2 comments:

Arlene said...

What a wonderful and mature kid! I have a niece who does the same - doesn't want her mommy to walk her to the door. Funny!

Nick and Erica Hart said...

Oh goodness---she is getting so big!! What a sweetie thinking about how you will do at home without her. I love that girl!