Friday, September 7, 2012

It's A BOY!!!

My good friend Maddy suggested I do something really fun to reveal the gender of this baby to my kids. I think she was hoping I would do something exciting for her, too :) I am glad that I know fun people in my life, because I was just planning to tell the kids when they got home from school. I came up with this idea and it was lots of fun. I am glad that I did it. Thanks, Maddy for the push!

Avery came with us to the ultrasound, so she knew it was a baby brother coming. I rehearsed with her all day, though. I knew the boys were going to ask right as they got off the bus what we were having. I practiced and practiced with Avery saying, "I don't know!" She did a good job keeping the secret
When we got home from the bus stop, this was on the counter.

"Want to know if we're having a girl or boy?
Then this little game you might enjoy!
In this box are two different hues,
First count the pinks and then the blues.
Whichever color has just one more,
Will tell you lots 'bout baby number four!"









The kids had to count the pink and the blue hershey kisses to find out!






I think they were in shock when they realized it was a boy. They had been saying all along that it was a GIRL. But after a few minutes they started getting excited.

Mike and I are so excited for this little boy. Mike and I have felt it was a boy right from the beginning of the pregnancy. We were a little sad for a few minutes at the ultrasound to think that Avery will not have a sister, but it didn't take long for us to remember that we think a little boy will be the perfect addition to our family! We are anxiously awaiting his arrival 12 -12 -12. I can't wait to hold him and am so excited for this little baby to join our family.

1 comment:

Nick and Erica Hart said...

Love the back to school pics and post. :) They are getting too old too fast I agree! I was totally thinking in the picture of Daven that he was like, "enough pictures already mom." haha. And I cannot wait for this new little boy to come!! I am just so excited to hold him too!!!! He is a lucky baby to have such a great family!