Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hello Kitty! Hello Party!

I guess my little Avery Muffin is not so little any more. In fact, she hates it when we call her that. Along with Missy Goo and Missy Lou. She will quickly correct you and say, "I'm NOT Missy Goo. I'm AVERY!" She is four years old. She is mommy's little helper and my sidekick. I can't even bear to think about next year when she goes to kindergarten. My life will feel so quiet. So glad I get to enjoy her for one more year. Avery, we can't imagine our life without you. You have brought us so much joy and SPUNK. We don't know what we would do without you in our family. You fit so perfectly.

 Excited that she still loves princesses, dolls, and hello kitty. I know it won't be for long.
 Logan took pictures at the party. It was cute to see all the ones he took. We pretty much had a shot of everyone, doing everything. He didn't leave anything out. Ha-ha. There were way to many pics to post but here is Aves with some of her friends. Above, Janie, Below, Autumn then Brooklyn.s


 Avery decided she wanted a Hello Kitty Birthday Party. Lindsey, one of the sweet young women I work with came over to help me with the party since Mike was in Malaysia. Yes, Malaysia!! I guess I figured having a newborn baby and a husband out of town for 2 weeks wasn't enough. I needed to throw a birthday party into the mix. Seriously, I was exhausted this week & I don't know how I pulled it off. But I think Avery had lots of fun. So grateful Lindsey came to help!! 
 Mike and I gave Avery a Hello Kitty Scrapbook Kit. Well, in one afternoon, she cranked that baby out! She went through a photo box, selected her pictures, cropped them, and voila...A really cute scrapbook. She surprised me with her innate scrapbooking abilities. I think I was snuggling on the couch with Kallen (aka napping), so she did this all by herself!

Mike and I have been calling Avery "Miss Productive." She likes to be busy but in a good way. She can usually be found coloring, making things, organizing her room, etc. She likes to get things done. Now that I remember, as a baby, we called her our 'Busy Bee' guess the name still fits.
 I usually make the birthday cake for the big day. But with Mike being gone this year, I decided to treat myself to someone else making the cupcakes. They were delicious. Made by an in-home bakery in the neighborhood. Worth.every.penny!
 These were my favorite. I am not crafty, but saw these on pinterest and figured I could swing them. These were the goodie bags and turned out really cute!

 Pin the Bow on Hello Kitty. I had to even draw my own Kitty, Mike usually does this stuff for me. So glad Lindsey was here for crowd control on this game :)

I hope Avery Girl had fun at her party. To be honest, I was EXHAUSTED after.

No comments: