Friday, April 4, 2008

Memories


The other day a toy catalog came in the mail. My boys were so excited to look at it. They climbed up on the couch together and with excitement, pointed out all the things they wanted. It took me back in time. I remember being at my Grandma Hatch's house when we were little. She always had a big Sears catalog. Before Christmas, she would let us look at the toy section and give us a pen. "Now put your initials by all the things you want" she would say. She wanted to get ideas for us for Christmas. We had so much fun doing this! Dreaming and wishing and hoping...oh-my. It was the best. Daven was really sad when I "accidentally" threw it in the garbage the next day. What on earth was I thinking?

4 comments:

Ann said...

Hi Rickie! My boys do that too with the Fisher Price catalog that comes a couple times a year. Brady calls it his Little People magazine and we have learned not to throw it away or at least to convienently not know what happened to it when it is no where to be found. Aren't little boys just the best?!

Chelsea said...

That is so cute! I love your childhood memory flash back! Carter has been having me keep a list for him for his birthday. (It's Nov. 17!) It is going to be the worlds largest bday list ever! It cracks me up how these little boys are!

Maddy said...

I am the queen of "accidentally" throwing things away and I ALWAYS get caught. Then there is so much crying and sobbing. The boys look so cute!

Meredith said...

I remember doing that with the Sears Catalog...and I also remember stealing looks at the scandalous lingerie sections too! Is that a weird thing to remember? I mean, the Sears catalog had everything!