Friday, April 18, 2008

Soccer Time

Daven dribbling the ball. Sorry these are not very close up but I know my family was asking for some pictures of Daven at Soccer practice.
Daven's favorite drill: Dribble the ball and then try to kick the teacher with your ball.
Daven's least favorite drill: kick the ball in the goal while someone tries to block you. The other day this little boy was trying to get the ball away from him. Daven picked up the ball with his hands, ran around the little boy, set the ball down, and kicked it in the goal.
Hey, I need a water break, too! I LOVE Gatorade.
They have to throw the ball over their head. Daven usually ducks after this and covers his head with his hands. Then they have to stop the ball with their foot as fast as they can.
Here is Daven right before soccer practice. They get to choose their own ball. He calls his the "ant-eater" ball. I have no idea why, but he always wants to get this yellow one.

Here are the boys right before soccer practice. They have to sit on their balls whenever their teacher is talking to them. I was surprised that Logan was able to get this skill down. He so wishes he could run out on the field with the big kids.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is hilarious about the goalie thing. At least he is a go-getter and will get out there! I haven't put Carter in anything yet. We keep debating on when and what. It is so hard with Cash being so close. Cash wants to do it all too. Crazy boys!

Maddy said...

I love how Logan totally copies him/ So cute!

The Reading Armadillo said...

I can't wait to be a soccer mom too. We're signing Scooter up this summer. Love the pictures!