Friday, April 18, 2008

NASCAR



Daven got to go to a NASCAR race with his daddy last weekend. He was so excited to go. Notice he is wearing his "CARS" shirt. Our friends, the Rogers, had extra tickets, enough for Daven and Mike to go along with Dustin and Daven's best friend, Nate. That was so nice of them to offer that!
But check it out, I guess the race was too much fun. Daven slept through most of it. I felt really bad for Mike because I guess they had to park like 1 1/2 miles from the race & Daven is not light. Man, that kid can sleep through just about anything if he wants to. Unlike someone else I know (aka Logan) that just can't miss anything. Mike said, that everyone around them couldn't believe Daven was sleeping because it was so loud. Mike said they all had to wear earplugs and even then it was super loud. So, how he slept was beyond me. But, I guess it makes for a memorable story, right? 
Daven  reported that he'd had a good time when he got home. When I asked him how it was he said the cars were LOUD and they went FAST.  He didn't go to bed until mid-night. I guess that darn nap was just too long.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

How do you fall asleep at Nascar?!?! Narcolepsy maybe?! :) I absolutely LOVE his hair. Sooo cute!!

Maddy said...

Nate had so much fun with Daven. I'm so glad they went!

I did have to giggle when I called Dustin and he told me Daven had been asleep for an hour.

The Reading Armadillo said...

What a fun outing for Daven. That is so funny that he slept through it. Sometimes, when my kids are being so loud in the middle of the night, I wish I could sleep through the noise myself :)