Monday, September 8, 2008

Call Me MisMatch


So, here is Logan's new thing. He is the epitome of a two year-old with this one.

He HATES to wear denim. No, he flat our refuses it. Any try and it results in a 30 minute tantrum. "I DON'T LIKE THESE PANTS!" He'll kick and scream while you put them on, and then take them off....IF YOU CAN GET THEM ON. He is a little fighter. 

It is to the point where it is cracking me up. I know it is just his way of expressing his individuality.

The problem is, most of his clothes are hand-me-downs from Daven. And, they are almost all denim. He has 3 pairs of cotton shorts.  

Here is a snipit of our mornings now.....keep in mind this has been going on for several weeks .

"Logan, go get some clothes and a diaper, it is time to get dressed." (I gave up trying to choose his clothes for him, the tantrums were unreasonable.)

He will then proceed to go to his room and pull something out of his drawer. The first outfit is ALWAYS another pair of jammies.

"I wann wear JAMMIES."

"No, Logan, we have to go ___, you can't wear your jammies."

He goes back to his room and returns a few minutes later. Almost always with another pair of jammies, UNLESS, by some miracle, his RED shorts are clean, he really likes those! What am I going to do when they are too small?

"Logan, those are jammies, silly, go choose some pants and a shirt."

Then, he will come back with some combination of an outfit. Rarely do they match. What is funny about this is I have stopped caring. I think it is so stinkin cute that he wants to choose his own clothes. So, I've been trying to pick the more important battles in his life.

The other day, all of his cotton shorts were dirty. He refused to wear denim. So, I let him go to his little Nature class in a clean pair of jammies. I put some gel in his hair and wiped off his face. Then, I changed his diaper. I felt a little insecure at the class. I found myself telling everyone that he was in his jammies by choice. They all thought it was funny.

At this point, I've stopped caring. As long as he's got a diaper on and clean clothes, it is a good day. Oh, what would life be like without 2-year old's?

1 comment:

AZ Hey-mon said...

See this means you are ready for #3! When you can deal with the 2 yr old in jammies at public social gigs. What a funny boy.