Friday, November 7, 2008

It's A Baby Girl

This is really nothing new, I think most of you know or have heard the news by now. But, I since I am using this like a journal, I wanted to write about the big event.

We had the Ultrasound last week on October 29th. It was first thing in the morning. I was so glad because I didn't think I could wait one minute longer to find out. I have 2 friends that are due AFTER me and got to find out the sex of their babies before me. All I have to say is I better get to deliver first. They were both having girls, so I figured for sure I would be having the boy out of the bunch.

The night before the ultrasound, I had the neatest dream, though. I dreamt it was a little girl. I dreamt we went for the ultrasound and were just in awe about how beautiful she was. Even the ultrasound tech was like, wow, she is a pretty baby. The funny part about the dream was she was holding a make-up brush in there!! We were so worried about her choking on it because she kept shoving it in her mouth. We were like, "how did a make-up brush get in there?" I don't know what that symbolized, but the dream was so vivid. 

I could not go back to sleep. I woke Mike up and said, "I think it is a girl" and proceeded to tell him about my dream. This is the first dream I had had about this baby.

Well, at the ultrasound, the tech told us she usually does a head-to-toe assessment. So, we probably wouldn't know the sex until the end. But, when she first put the wand on my tummy, she was getting a shot between the legs. Mike and I looked and looked - but we didn't see a little boy part in between there. We wondered if it actually was a girl & had an inkling. Sure enough, later on in the ultrasound she did a shot between the legs again. I said, "I don't see a little boy part in there." She said, "That's because it is not there, this is a little girl."

You would think we would have been jumping up and down. But, we just sat there and looked at each other in shock. We are still in shock. We are thrilled, but were not prepared for the odds to work in our favor & for it to be a little girl. As the week has worn on, though, I can tell it is starting to sink in. It is going to be so much fun to have a little girl around here. Daven is especially excited. Logan just keeps saying, "the baby can't have my Lego car." It is going to be tough on him, I'm afraid. But, overall we are so thrilled and excited to have this little girl join our family.

4 comments:

staci said...

Oh my goodness!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yay!! I am so excited for you guys!! You will LOVE having a little girl and some more pink around the house!! What a lucky little girl to have 2 big brothers to always have her back!! That's awesome! They will LOVE her! Now you've got to come up with names and start getting some girly stuff!! The fun begins!! :) CONGRATS!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Yeah! That is so exciting you are having a girl after two boys! Little girls are so much fun and according to your dream she will definently be a girlie girl! Congratulations! We get to find out in a week and I can't wait!

Maddy said...

I think you already know how excited I am. I feel like I haven't seen you in FOREVER!

Nick and Erica Hart said...

I love that story!!! I am sure she won't take Logan's lego car!! I can just picture you guys in the office and looking at eachother in shock! That is so funny! I love it and am so excited for a niece!