Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Scorpion

So last night, I pulled into the garage after work. I had just picked up my boys from Karen's house. Her boys had been watching my boys since Mike was gone last night. 

As I pulled in, there was a huge SCORPION on the wall of the garage (right about to go into our house). I freaked out. I called Karen and asked if she could lend me her husband for a few minutes. She said, "I'll come over, I have no fear." Can I just say, that is a true friend? Someone that will drive over to your house at 9:30 at night to kill your scorpion. WOW!

She buzzed right over and got out Mike's shoe and tried to smash it. I watched it start to hurry away. I screamed, she was caught off guard and the SCORPION got away. He ran off into the garage somewhere. We could see him no more.

Thanks anyways, Karen, I'm hoping we at least scared him away. I spent the night in my bed (no, I did not even get out of bed to pee and that's a toughy when you are pregnant. I wore flip-flops around the house all morning just in case).  I think it is safe to say that he spent the night in the garage.

I have to say one thing, I will not miss that scorpion when he goes to heaven! 
(See next post).

5 comments:

AZ Hey-mon said...

While Daven was over he told me that he got to sleep in your room because daddy was gone. Now the question is.... Is that for your benefit or Daven's. And so sorry for my not killing the "creepian" that is what Elise calls them. Seriously you have a scream that movie people would pay good money for. You should check into that.

The Reading Armadillo said...

Ahhh! You told me that no scorpions come out at this time of year. I was totally freaked out about them when I was visiting. I'm so glad I got to see you when we were down there. Your house is so cute and your boys are adorable! Thanks for giving up your Saturday morning to hang out.

Andrea said...

It was fun to see Mike last night at dinner. I missed your company. Here Mike was laughing and eating wonderful food while you were defending your home and family from danger. Life is so wrong sometimes! Hope there are no more sightings.

Maddy said...

I forgot that I hadn't responded to this. All I can say is: hahahahahhaha!

Brittney said...

Yikes... one of my least favorite things. Glad no one got hurt!

I love the "creepian" thing. My kids call 'em "moncher bugs".