Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Eve 2008


Christmas Eve was so much fun. We started off the day by making sugar cookies for Santa. And, it is about a 3 hour process, but was worth every minute.

Papa drove into town that afternoon. The boys were so excited to see him. They quickly showed him that he would have a santa hat instead of a stocking like them.

I am so sad, I don't have a single picture of my dad with the boys or of Mike. I guess I need to be better at grabbing the camera away from Mike's neck next year.

We ate some yummy chicken noodle soup, then started the traditional family festivities.

The boys opened their new jammies from mom and dad. They were thrilled because they had cars and trucks on them. Thank goodness for baby gap. I had the hardest time finding pj's this year. I wanted something they would be excited about. So, I had to snatch these up when I found them. Never mind I paid full-price for one pair. Logan surprised us. He usually can't stand the long sleeves. But, he wanted to wear them. YAY!
We did a felt re-telling of Luke Chapter 2.
Then, it was ornament time. Logan is opening the ornament Grandma sent him....it is a LEGO car. What a huge hit. You can tell by his face how excited he is. He also got a Disneyland ornament from mom and dad.
You have to know Daven, it doesn't take much to get him excited. He LOVES everything. Here he is opening his mickey ornament from us. I think he liked it, don't you?

Next we sprinkled the reindeer food outside. We put out "chocolate milk" for Santa per Daven's persistance. I guess Mike says that Santa likes chocolate milk the best. We put out some cookies and carrots for the reindeer. Then, it was off to bed. Logan was out the minute he hit the pillow. Daven, not too long after.

Christmas really is magical with kids.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

How SWEET!!! It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas and the boys look so cute and happy. I love to see their faces. Great job on your post!

Maddy said...

YAY Logan!!!! Trying a new type of clothes. WOOT!!!