Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Dose of Perspective

I was sitting around the house yesterday feeling a little (okay maybe medium to a lot) sorry for myself. It is hard having three kids. It is busy. Having a newborn is so wonderful, yet it changes everything. You suddenly have no control over your life, like when you will be able to eat, sleep, run errands, etc. etc. etc. Or check blogs. Heaven knows why I am spending my time doing this right now instead of cleaning or reading my scriptures....etc. etc.

But, then.....I just read my friend's blog, The Kunz Family. I think a dose of reality is good for all of us once in a while. I ended up in tears. She lost her little baby, Daxton last June. She wrote about some of her feelings today. And how, all of those things that we think are challenging, like walking the halls in church or waking up at night to feed our babies, are really our greatest blessings. And, where would we be if they were suddenly not here? It broke my heart. I realized how precious our children are....and all of those moments we're blessed to have because of them.  I am so grateful. It left me aching for the void she must endure. It truly could be any one of us. I wanted to kiss my babies and just have them nearby.

I check her blog regularly because I feel like it keeps me in check, even though I end up in tears every time. It is just so easy to take things for granted.

5 comments:

melissa said...

I had the same kind of experience last week when I read a blog of someone who had lost a child too. I symphathise with you on three kids. It is hard work yet they really are our greatest blessings. Thanks for sharing.

Molly said...

Thanks for this reminder Rickie. It is so true. I find myself often taking those little things for granted. I think it is natural that you will start embracing those a little more with your third and subsequent children. I feel so blessed having 3 healthy children, it makes me wonder when something bad is going to happen... That's a bad thought though.

Don't get to down on yourself though. It is hard Rickie and you are an amazing mother with three amazing kids!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Thanks for the great perspective! I can't imagine having 3! I'm getting nervous for 2! I loved your family pictures with Avery! soooo precious!

AZ Hey-mon said...

You are so sweet Rickie. I am so sad for your friend. You are right on, about perspective. But you really are so thoughtful in your mothering. YOur kiddos are doing great.

Maddy said...

Love you!