Thursday, March 26, 2009

Grandma's Make Everything All Better

The last few weeks have been wonderful because we have had grandma's in town. My mom came down the second week of March to meet her new grand-baby. All I have to say, is grandma's are the best. My mom played with the boys all of the time. They followed her around like puppy dogs, "Grandma, will you play with me?" And Grandma's, of course, always say yes!
I can't tell you how many times she played cars with them, Go Fish, and took them to the park.


After my mom left, I had one full day on my own. Then we were lucky enough to have another Grandma come into town, Mike's mom. She spent hours holding the baby (of course). But her other spare time was spent playing with the boys. She played countless games of "Go Fish" with the boys.....but I guess that is what grandma's are for! Both my mom and Mike's have no idea how helpful it was just to have someone giving Daven and Logan attention. It was just what I needed. I had to inspect her suitcase before she left to make sure she didn't take Avery with her.
And, here is Avery with Papa. He had to fly into Albaquerque for some meetings, but drove 8 hours just to spend 2 days with his new Grandbaby. Now that is Love!!

2 comments:

Maddy said...

That is so sweet he drove that far. Looks like you've had a ton of fun. So how many times have the boys asked you to play with them today? Non-sop?

jacque said...

I agree--grandma's are the best! So glad you had a few extra hands around to help out.