Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Good Laugh (or Two)

Laugh #1:
Today we went to Kohl's. I got a gift card from my mom for my birthday. I am in desperate need of shirts. I took Logan into the dressing room with me because Mike had already wandered off with the other 2 kiddos. Logan wasn't super excited, so I told him to tell me if he liked the shirts I was trying on.

He didn't say much. But as I tried on the final shirt....he said:

"When I grow up and get bigger and turn into like a mommy, then I can wear a shirt like that." 

The lady in the dressing room next to me busted up laughing!! I was laughing, too and explained that when he grew up, he got to wear shirts like daddy.

But, Mike said, hey at least I knew he liked my shirt. I bought it!!

Laugh #2:
We have been doing swim lessons through the city. Logan HATES his swim lessons. On Wednesday, he was crying. He told me that he needed to go stinkies. I freaked out and got him out of the pool, worried he had already gone. Luckily, he hadn't. But, Avery was asleep in her carseat. Daven was done with his lesson. So, I asked Daven to stay right there while I ran with Logan to the bathroom. I had to hurry fast. (but really I should have taken them both with me).

Daven was the best big brother. He didn't leave her side. The lady sitting next to us said he did a really good job watching her and entertaining her after she woke up.

Well, later that day, I told Daven how appreciative I was for his help watching Avery while I took Logan to the bathroom. He said:

"Your welcome. And if anyone said they wanted to take her, I would say she costs ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS."

I think he was trying to think of some HUGE amount that nobody would ever be able to pay. But, yes, I have to chuckle because he would have sold his sweet little sister for $100.00

Mike said, next time make sure you take her to the bathroom with you. 

5 comments:

John and Rachael Alexander said...

hahaha, thanks for the laughs, your kids are so cute!

Nick and Erica Hart said...

Oh my! Those boys really do make me laugh so hard!! I love them! I wish I could have been in the dressing room next to you when he said that...and $100...so cute!

AZ Hey-mon said...

Do I make the check out to you or to Daven?

Kathleen said...

i just squirted my water all over my keyboard at the 100 bucks thing! what a cutie.

Steve and Sarah said...

Kids are so funny. Thaks for sharing your funnies. It put a smileon my face!