Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Swine Flu hits our household

Yes, we are pretty sure we all had the swine flu. It was YUCKY!!! Thankfully, we are all feeling better. Somehow, Avery didn't get it. Thank goodness! Our family came into town for Avery's baby blesssing. My sweet niece was the first to come down with symptoms on Saturday night. But, it was a mild cough...so we thought nothing of it. But, by Tuesday Papa had it, Mike had it, and my nephew. When Mike spiked a fever and had the chills, we started thinking it was the flu. Well, 6 more of us came down with it that week. It was awful, we felt so rotten. Daven was the swine flu winner, conquering the virus in 1 1/2 days. I was the looser, taking 8 days to get over the bug. When Mike's sister got home, she found out that the day before they came, several 5th graders at my nieces school tested positive for the swine flu. I guess the majority of the 5th grade got infected. My sweet niece is in the 5th grade. So, although none of us were tested, we are pretty certain that is what we had. Our pediatrician seemed to think so as well. Just hope none of you get it, it is so yucky. Sorry to Chloe..I know we passed it to you.

What is crazy is we just got back from California this weekend. I found myself not worrying as much about the boys' hands being clean. Usually I am a freak. But, I guess in my mind, I was thinking, we'll we've already had the worst possible thing. Anything else would seem pretty mild. 


4 comments:

Maddy said...

So glad we didn't end up with it over here. Glad you're all better!

Shauna said...

Rick, I had no idea. Karen said you guys had been sick but I didn't realize you were THAT sick. So very sorry. I wish I could have done something for you. Next time - CALL ME!!

The Reading Armadillo said...

That is so scary! I'm glad you guys are all feeling better. I've been a real hand-washing freak lately, and I'm tired of worrying about sickness.

Kathleen said...

oh my word, i know i am behind but that is so scary! i'm glad your sweet little baby didn't get it!