Friday, January 1, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

I am so sad that Christmas is over....There is something so magical about it. I just don't want it to end. But, now it is a new year & I thought I'd write about our Christmas celebrations this year. It was a great Chrismas. Perfect in so many ways. I was so grateful that we were all healthy and just got to enjoy the season together. Watching the kids have so much fun & get so excited was icing on the cake.
Here are the kids all dressed up for the holidays.
Avery's spunky red polka-dot skirt and red tights stole my heart.
Avery loves to help empty the dishwasher. I just had to put this one in here. She is pulling up on everything. She bonks her head several times a day because she gets into trouble pulling up on stuff.
The famous cookie exchange. I got invited to a fun cookie exchange. Everyone had to make nine dozen cookies. But, then, this is what we came home with. Crazy, I know. But, it was lots of fun.
Avery is all bundled up to go see the lights at the Mesa, Arizona temple. We must be getting too used to the weather here. It felt very cold to us. But, the Brooks family came with us. They showed up in flip-flops!

The kids loved the temple lights. 
Hay-ride fun. Above are Daven and his buddy, Nate.

This is the first time ever the boys have wanted to ride on horses. We had to snap photos. Here are Logan and his friend Elise.

2 comments:

Nick and Erica Hart said...

I miss Christmas in Arizona! The Mesa temple lights are so fun. I also loved their outfits at church on Sunday...Avery's polka dots are just too cute. :)

Kathleen said...

rickie, you are SO pretty! it looks like the holidays have been a blast. i want to eat every single one of those cookies and it is only 8 in the morning. seriously, you've started the cravings early! avery's hat is TOO much to handle.