Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Back to School 2012

It is hard to believe that I have a first and third grader now! Oh - and a soon-to-be preschooler! I can't believe it when I tell people their grades. As I was filling out Logan's paperwork, it felt so weird to not write a "K" anymore on the grade line. First grade just feels so grown-up. I remember feeling like that with Daven, too. Time has really gone by so fast.

We had our first day back to school yesterday. Things went really smoothly and I was so grateful for that. Logan's teacher seems like a sweet person, and that is exactly what I wanted for first grade. Daven's teacher is new to the school, but after all the info she sent home yesterday, she seems REALLY on the ball. She seems like she is going to challenge him. I am glad for the high standards, but worried it is going to be a lot of extra work for me :)

Here are some cute pics!
 Avery bug wanted to wear her "Mexican Shirt" as she calls it. It is the one Mike and I brought her from Mexico. She was all into the back-to-school stuff. But after we dropped brothers off she burst into tears and threw a fit. I think she realized she was really going to miss them :(.





 Daven got to pick his desk at Meet the Teacher. He looks so cute in this picture all ready to go.
 See, hard at work already. I love that we get to walk them to their seats the first day of school.
 Enough with the pictures already mom, you are kind of embarrasing me! At least I think that is what he's thinking in this picture. I knelt down to tell him good-bye and asked if he wanted a kiss and a hug? He said, just a hug. Ohhh...I guess the kissing thing is not really cool anymore. So sad!
 Logan got to pick his seat, too. He is by several kids from his class last year. I have a feeling this seating arrangement won't last very long. Ha-ha. 

The teacher had some toys set out for the kids to play with. I went to give Logan a hug good-bye. His little heart was pounding out of his chest. I had no idea he was feeling so nervous. Bless his heart. He started to cling to me but then saw this little guy, Wyatt, from his class last year. They grabbed hands and started playing. Pheww...perfect!
Logan told me before bed that if he had another mom, he would want it to be his new teacher. Ha-ha. Not sure how I should take that? I guess he had a good day.

Daven was bummed that he already had lots of homework. Like I said, 3rd grade is going to be challenging!!!

Good luck boys, we are so proud of you! You are both so smart, well-behaved, and very good students. I know you are going to have a fun year at school.

No comments: