Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Pirate Party Pics

So, today was the big day. Daven's birthday was actually on Tuesday, but today was his friends party. It was really fun, but I have to admit.....What was I thinking? It was definately crazy with 8 three & four year old's running around. I was so glad that a few of the mom's ended up staying. Mike and I needed the help with crowd control. Thanks Brenna, Maddy and Sarah for all of you help.

So here is the low-down on the party.

Friday night, Mike and I were busy. We had to do the "treasure chest" cake. We also made some cute decorations. I did a clothesline that had some pirate attire hanging from it. Thanks, Jacque and Julie, it was so cute. 

Then, Mike made the cutest decorations. I asked him to cut a ship steering wheel out of card-board, an anchor, and two swords for the boys to walk underneath. He went all out. I really admire his artistic abilities. But, I think he was really tired after all of that. Plus he had to engineer a device to get our cake-top to stay up. But, we didn't get to bed too late.

Saturday morning, the boys arrived at around 10:30 am. We had them dress-up in the cutest bandanas. They also put on an eye-patch, earring, and necklace. They were running around saying, "ARRRGH" It was very cute. Lot's of energy, that's for sure.

After dressing up, I gave them each a paper lunch sack with their name on it. I said it was to put their treasures in. They each had a sheet of pirate stickers inside to decorate their bag. Some of them really got into it and we had to delay the treasure hunt for a few minutes so they could finish putting their stickers on.

Next was the magical treasure hunt. The clues were very easy. Sometimes, they were right in front of them and couldn't find them. It was so hillarious. Then, they found some chocolate gold coins. That was as good as our treasure got. I tried to find silver dollars, but the banks said they would have to special order them and they only come in boxes of 70. I was like, no thanks, chocolates will be just fine!

After this we did the pirate pinata. Some of those boys can really hit the baseball bat hard. It was very crazy trying to keep everyone back behind the red line. But, no injuries, just lots of candy. 

Next, was the opening of presents. Okay, this was so unrealistic of me to expect all those boys to sit still while Daven opened his presents. Some of them would bring their present to him and open it for him. Daven was not using very good manners. He would hardly even say thank you before tearing into the next one. We finally had to hid all the remaining presents and bring them out one at a time. That worked much better.

Last but not least, we dug into the cake! It was yummy. Whoosh, we were tired after this. I kept telling Mike, I hope the kids had fun, I hope the kids had fun. Daven said he had fun & that he really liked his cake. I guess that is all that matters. 
 
Here are some pics. I know there are a lot. I've got to figure out how to do that slide-show thing.

1 comment:

The Reading Armadillo said...

What a fun party! You are so creative. I'm sure the kids had a blast. I love all the pictures.