Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bryner Family Updates

Mike and his Parents....We were so grateful they came out for the graduation.
Mike and his sister, Michelle. That was so nice of her to come out for the graduation.
Papa Bryner, Daven, and Mike
Daven and "Aunt Mekenna" as Daven calls her. She kindly told Daven, you can drop the Aunt. But, he insists on calling her "Aunt Mekenna" I think it is hillarious, but I don't think she likes it.
Daven and Daddy. Daven asked me, "When I get bigger, then I can go to this school?"

Okay, I know that I haven't posted for a really long time. It seems like someone is seriously pushing the fast-forward button on my life. I can't believe May is almost over. We have been so busy, it seems.

Mike's family was all here last week for his graduation. It was so fun to have them here. Mike's sister came with two of her kids, Caleb and Mekenna. The boys had so much fun playing with them. But, I think they got worn out. They have both been napping a lot this week, too. Catching up on some sleep. We are trying to get back into our routine....but....

Logan, has just been so sick, so that keeps throwing us off. The poor kid can't catch a break. He went in 10 days ago because he had croup. They gave him the steroid shot. That helped so much for about 4 days. Then on Saturday morning, he was crying a lot and really clingy to me. He kept saying, "my ear broke, my ear broke" plus he had a fever. I took him, along with Mike who was also sick to the urgent care. They said Logan had 2 ear infections.

Monday morning I took Logan back into the peds because he was so croupy when he woke up. He was laboring a bit with his breathing and I thought I heard a few weezes in there. The pediatrician said to take him off the antibiotic, that his ears looked fine. They gave Logan another steroid shot for the croup. Poor, thing, the whole time we were at the doctor, he kept crying "don't like it, don't like medicine" He knows that he usually gets a shot at the doctors.

So I pulled him off the antibiotic. Then, this morning he woke up with his eyes glued shut with goop, a fever, and major disgusting goop coming out of his ears. I was like, great, pink eye and 2 more ear infections. So, back to the peds we went and sure enough that is what he's got. I just wish I could write my own prescriptions sometimes. I hope he gets feeling better soon.

Do you ever feel like you are doggy-paddling as fast as you can, but you can't quite keep your head above water? That is how I feel this week. I have had to work a lot too, plus my new calling. So, I feel a bit overwhelmed.

But, Mike's graduation was good. I am so glad he is done. It has been so nice to have him around. Last night, after work, we all went to Costco together. I have to say I felt so spoiled having an extra hand to help me put everything in the car, put the cart away, bring in the groceries. I had a feeling this is just the beginning. I am glad to have him done. He is glad to be done, too.

Here are some pics of the graduation.

4 comments:

The Reading Armadillo said...

Poor Logan. It is so horrible to be so sick. I thought Scooter was having it rough, but Logan is ten times worse. Not much fun for mom either I bet. Congratulations to Mike on his graduation. I bet it's so nice to be done.

Molly said...

Yay for Mike, what a huge thing to be done! Congrats! I'm so sorry about poor Logan, my goodness, he's been through the wringer the last few weeks. I hope that's the end of being sick for awhile, you need a break!

Maddy said...

UGH! And now you're sick too! Sorry about all the sickies!! Call me if there is anything I can do!

But YEAY MIKE!!!!!!!!

Terra Zobrist said...

Congratulations Mike! What an accomplishment for your family. Good luck with getting everyone healthy. Gracie misses her boyfriend