Friday, June 20, 2008

Tagged!

Okay, so I found this on my friend's web-site the other day & it says to post all this info on your site. So here is a little bit more about me. Now you have to post this info about you on your blog. I can't wait to see it!!

10 Reasons I Stink:
1) I am SO uncoordinated. Yes, I was terrible at most sports growing up. I can hit a slow-pitch softball and play a little golf. That is about it. I am terrified of the ball. I used to get really scared in gym class when we'd play dodgeball. One time, (I seriously don't know how), I was the last one standing...my heart was racing the whole time. Whenever we go to baseball games, I inform everyone around me that if we see a fly-ball, they have to help me catch it...I'm just too scared. We tried to go snow-skiing on our honeymoon and I fell down immediately after we got off the lift.
2) I can't dive. This goes along with being uncoordinated. I dove a few times growing up, but most of the time I ended up belly-flopping. So, eventually I gave up.
3) I am emotional. Mike would say a little on the irrational side sometimes. (of course he would say that very lovingly!!). I tend to take things a too seriously.
4) I am a worry-wart. I worry way to much about all the possible things that could happen. I go the extra mile to make sure that things are taken care of so the bad things don't happen. But, I definately think I spend way to much time worrying. Most people who know me well would agree.
5) I like to sleep. I have to have enough rest in order to function well. 8 - 9 hours per night is the ideal. I also have to sneak a 10-minute cat nap in during the day sometimes when Logan is down for his nap and Daven is having his quiet time. I'l usually lay down next to him and just "rest my eyes" for a few minutes. But, then, I feel great. But, if I have to choose between sleep or a good movie, sleep will always win.
6) I am terrible at yard work. When we first moved in, I took it upon myself to trim some bushes in the yard. Mike told me I was not allowed to trim bushes after that. I butchered it, it looked terrible. But, I had to admit, my efforts were pretty funny.
7) I am terrified of bugs. The other day, I came out of Logan's room and just started screaming. I thought I saw a bug on the wall. It ended up being a sticker. Phew. But, boy it scared me. Mike is used to coming home and seeing cups on the floor from all the bugs I have trapped but been too scared to kill.
8) I love ice-cream way too much. I have to eat a bowl every night. A few crushed oreos on top gives it just the right touch.
9) I am a messy eater. Mike always laughs at me because I spill all the time, especially in the car. The worst is when I eat trix or cereal in the car. I can't tell you how many pieces of cereal are stuck underneath our seats that we can't get to. I just can't seem to get all the pieces in my mouth. This is really embarrassing.
10) I am a picky eater. I don't like fish at all. I have branched out over the years, but I definately have my likes (ice-cream) and things I won't touch. One time we were waiting to be seated at PF Changs. They brought us these delicious won-tons. I was saying how good they were after I had 1 bite. Mike said, "you know that is crab in there, right?" I couldn't bring myself to eat another bite. 

10 Reasons I'm Great
1) I am a nice mommy most of the time...at least I am always trying to be nice.
2) I can play the piano okay & have written a few songs. Hopefully someday, I"ll get them copyrighted. This is one thing I regret not developing more in high school. I want to take lessons again when Logan gets a little older.
3) I can sing in a choir.....not a solo voice, but I can carry a part & enjoy singing.
4) I am a good water-skiier (but no other coordination)
5) I am a good scrap-booker (as long as I have cute pages to copy)
6) I enjoy exercise. Mike would say I'm a good runner. I would like to run a mini-marathon one day.
7) I love the outdoors, camping, and hiking.
8) I can make really good enchiladas, manacottis, lasagne, and chicken noodle soup (thanks to great recipes from family & friends).
9) I think I do a pretty good job of keeping a clean, nice house.
10) I am good at playing cars w/ the boys. 

4 comments:

The Reading Armadillo said...

What a fun list. I swear, all those things you wrote about why you "stink" could have been written about me too! I remember the way you took care of the bugs in your house. The little bowls and cups are hilarious. I think I'm going to need your enchilada recipe!

Chelsea said...

You are so cute! You need to move here so Cody can help you with your bugs again! :) I have always loved and admired how well you play with your boys and keep a clean house. Your little advice you gave me about having pj days and really playing with the kids has always been one of my top 3 parenting skills. Thanks for teaching me!! :) Then again...anything with pj's all day...count me in! :)

Maddy said...

Like you could suck at anything!! And you're right -- You are a great mom!

Come over for lunch this week! Tuesday after the movies? Call me.

The Days of JoDee's life said...

That was so fun to read!! You are so cute. I have MANY more reasons why you are great! Plus, how cool is it about Erica? I went to dinner with her last night. That's so awesome. Oh ya, take care of my brother ok? :)