Thursday, April 9, 2009

Daddy of the Year

Mike is AWESOME at LEGOS. Logan asked him to make a fire engine. Mike promised him when he got home from work that he would make him one. All day long Logan kept asking, "Is Daddy on his way home?" "Will he make me a fire engine?" So as soon as Mike got home, I told him that he HAD to help build a fire engine for Logan.

They spent an hour together and this is what was created. There are doors on the side that open up and Mike even put Lego tools in there. There is a ladder on top. Doors that open, and a seat for the LEOG fire-fighter. He didn't even use instructions.

Yes, Daddy of the year. And I guess that comes with Smile of the Year, too. Look how happy Logan looks. Doesn't get much better than that.

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

holy cow! don't show nate that talent or you won't have a husband anymore!

Our Family said...

Hi Rickie,
I saw your blog and just wanted to say hi. Your little girl is so precious and I can't believe how fast time flies. I feel like I just saw you barely pregnant! Congrats, congrats.

staci said...

Wow, that is impressive! Mike obviously spent a lot of time playing Legos when he was a kid! What a fun dad he is! :)

Jenni said...

How sweet Logan's smile is! I love looking at your pictures and your family picture is adorable!!! I am so baby GIRL hungry each time I see Avery!

Mason Family said...

Congratulations It is fun to have Pink stuff round the house. I hope your family is doing well. You will get the family under control you are good at that. I think you are a wonderful mother and you will do great. Your kids love you know matter what. Congrats again she is beautiful. Enjoy it.
Tiff

Maddy said...

Awesome! I love how kids get so excited waiting for the smallest stuff.

Our Family said...

We will have to come to a playgroup sometime and catch up. You guys are so much fun we miss seeing y'all. We are going to be out of town for awhile but when we get back we will hit up a playgroup!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Adorable picture of Logan and wow on the legos! I also loved your post about Daven's soccer and expectations for our kids... really got me thinking so thanks!