Thursday, April 9, 2009

She Did It!

My six-week old baby girl. Cute little Avery Bug. 
Daven loves her so much. He has been a good helper this week. If Avery is fussing, he'll go over and talk "mother-ease" to her. She calms down for him. She loves him, too. Avery reminds me a lot of how Daven looked as a baby. I went back today to compare pictures of Avery w/ Daven when he was this age. They look similar, but not as identical as I was thinking. She doesn't look like Logan's baby pictures at all. 

I want to take a picture of her in every one of her cute outfits because they are all so cute. And, she is probably going to grow out of some very soon. I don't want to forget how cute they were or how cute she was in them. I asked Mike to take a few pics this morning. Then, she just started grinning like crazy! She must have thought the camera was silly or something. But, it was adorable. These pics don't do justice to how cute she is, though, or how beautiful her smile is.

This post is dedicated to my sweet baby girl. Oh, I love her so much. I was so excited the other night when she almost slept through the night. I fed her at 7 p.m. She fell asleep at 8 p.m. Then, didn't wake up until 4 a.m.!!!! HALELUIA. I have to say I felt like a brand new woman. I had gone to bed around 10:30 p.m. So I got like 5 STRAIGHT hours of sleep. I was so excited that after I nursed her, I couldn't go back to sleep. But it didn't matter, I felt very refreshed. She didn't do it again the next night, so I think she is getting there but just not quite ready to take the "full night sleep" plunge. But, last night, I fed her at 9 and she slept til 4 a.m. again. I'll take it. Maybe she'll be like Daven. By 8 weeks he spoiled me and was sleeping like this every night. One can dream.

Did I mention she's smiling? Love her.


4 comments:

Molly said...

So cute! She has a gorgeous smile and I love those big eyes! Congrats on the good sleep, isn't it amazing how refreshed a new mom can feel on 5 hours of sleep?

The Reading Armadillo said...

She is so cute. I love all her adorable clothes and hair accessories. That smile is so sweet!

staci said...

What a little cutie pie. She's getting big already! Time flies huh? That's amazing she's been sleeping so well already! You are super mom!! Hope she keeps it up!!!

Maddy said...

Awww, her smile is just so so cute! And let's hope the sleeping trend continues to pick up! She is just the perfect baby.