Sunday, May 23, 2010

Daven Turns Six - Star Wars Birthday Party!

I am so behind in my blogging. My mom keeps asking for the pictures from Daven's birthday party. Sorry it has taken me so long, mom, to get caught up.

I can't believe I have a six year old running around here! I love our Daven so much. He has grown into such a handsome little boy. I am so proud of him for all he has been learning this year at kindergarten. He is a smart boy. Life is always more fun with him around.
Here is Daven on his 6th birthday. We take the kids out for dinner on their birthday. Last year Daven chose ARBY's. Mike and I decided to go with it, since, hey, he probably won't choose that again. This year he chose one step up - PETER PIPER PIZZA. The kids had fun using all their tokens and buying army guys with their tickets! It was definately fun and the pizza wasn't as bad as we were expecting! Maybe next year, we'll work up to Chuckey Cheese's.
I usually save the big cake for their birthday party. This is why Daven is blowing out a birthday candle from an ice-cream sandwich above.

This year Daven wanted a Star Wars party. He has been crazy about Star Wars all year.

I found a cake store on-line. I ordered these printed stickers to put on his cupcakes. They are made out of edible frosting. You put them on and they melt into place. It wasn't too hard. I was really glad that Mike's mom was here to help me while we initially tried to figure it out. They didn't turn out as great as I was expecting, but the kids loved them. Each cupcake had a picture of a different Start Wars character on them. We learned a lot for next time & it was fun to try something different.
Party Day. We played some fun star wars games inside. The kids had to pretend they were in Jedi Training. We put their senses of hearing, taste and touch to the test. They passed!
Then, we went outside for the Jedi Training Obstacle Course. The kids had the most fun doing this. Here are some cute shots! Amy from Daven's class jumping through the rings.
An Intense Jedi - Look at that!
Alex from Daven's class. Check out those cool sunglasses!
Next, we tested their light-saber swinging skills with the Pinata. We had to get something harder to get the box to break! I think we eventually used a golf club. Daddy had to give it a final swing at the end. I'm sure everyone's parents thought their kids came home with way too much candy...sorry!
Bless the girls' hearts. They were so sweet to come. Daven really wanted Mikenna to come, she is his friend that he met up at the Kunz' cabin a few months ago. They were inseparable. This was more of a "boy" party the girls said! But, apparently, according to Mikenna's mom and dad, she had a really good time at the party. I was so worried about the girls the whole time. They were a little afraid to jump in and try things. I'm really going to have to learn how to throw a girls party.
Nate, Daven's best buddy since they were like 2!
Bailey, she goes to Daven's school and we carpool with her.
We played a crazy-mixed up Dress-Up game. Here are the final costumes. We did it like musical chairs. If they were holding the bean bag when the music stopped, they had to put on a crazy dress-up item. The girls were especially nervous about this. What was I thinking? I didn't have ANY girl dress-ups:).
Present time is always so much fun.

Daven had so much fun. This was a fun party to give this year. We were excited to have Mike's parents there for all the action.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Soon your house will be over flowing with girl dress up! And I thought the cup cakes looked AMAZING! The kids are already counting down to Saturday!!