Monday, May 10, 2010

A Few Happenings Around Here

We have been keeping busy, although I'm sure it doesn't appear so according to my BLOG. I decided to make our blog public again. I figured maybe I over-reacted about the strange followers I was having. I'm sure there were some even stranger ones I didn't know about. I read an interesting Ensign article on blogging and thought, hey, maybe we'll try public again.

Here are some happenings:

Gila Valley Temple Open House

The temple was really pretty. We were glad we went, but very dissapointed. Our daughter cried through the ENTIRE open house. Cried, screamed, and was mad. We've concluded she doesn't like the temple. It was really embarrassing, and I felt so bad. Everytime the tour guide would start to talk in a new room, Avery would scream. He would stop and look right at me. Then I would take her out in the hall. I felt horrible. She didn't cry on the 2 1/2 hour car ride over to Pima, she didn't cry at the chapel next door. But as soon as we hit the temple grounds, she wanted to be somewhere else. We love you Aves!
On the way home from the temple, we stopped at a small town called Bryce, Arizona. It is in between Safford and Pima. Mike's ancestor settled this little community. (Great Great Great Grandfather - Ebenezer Bryce)
So, if you have been to Bryce Canyon, it is named after Ebenezer Bryce. He was living in Southern Utah at the time. He went looking one day for a missing cow and stumbled on Bryce Canyon....what a find!!! We are kind of proud of this claim to fame!

And here is Mike's new pride and joy. You've probably already seen it on facebook. He won it at AM/PM's grand opening a few weeks ago. He thinks it is the coolest thing ever. It cracks me up, but it does match the office furniture. What to do???

2 comments:

Molly said...

Poor Avery - it's kind of funny that she cried the whole time but sad too. That thing he won at AM/PM is hillarious. Seriously how random is that?

The Reading Armadillo said...

Mimi reacted in a similar way at the Draper Temple open house. I had brought her little monkey backpack (aka:leash) thinking she would like having a little freedom to roam around and explore, but she HATED it! I had to take her out of some rooms too. Maybe it's just the age?