Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Reception

These pictures are in a random order. The reception was beautiful....on a golf course that overlooks the Salt Lake Valley. It was gorgeous. There was great food (although, I had very little time to even eat). There was also a floor for dancing. 

I wish I had pictures of all the people that I got to see & talk to. Most of them, I hadn't seen since my wedding...people from our old neighborhood. It was wonderful to catch up. The night went by so fast. 

The picture above was sent to me by our old neighbors, the Himstreets. They stayed the whole night taking pictures. I was glad they sent it to me. I didn't get one of me and my dad. This was after the reception was over. I literally couldn't move. My whole body ached. I just gave everyone assignments on what to do to help clean up. Then, we went home and crashed. What a great day!!!

When we got home, Logan asked: "Where's Erica?" I explained that since she got married today, she got to go on a little trip and stay at a hotel. He then asked so sweetly, "Can I go see her?" Mike and I chuckled and thought, I'm sure she would love to see you right now.
I am supposed to be wearing these pink shoes, sorry, sis. I wore them for the pictures & then hid them behind some furniture for the rest of the night. My toes got stepped on once. But I just couldn't keep these babies on, regardless of how cute they were. 
Here are the bridesmaid's. Nick's sisters, Erica's best friend, April, and me. Erica's colors were so cute. Pink & Brown. The weather was gorgeous, too. It was around 80 degrees that day and then cooled off a bit that night. Sunny, no clouds. Perfect!
Erica got so many compliments on the cake. Isn't it so cute? Logan kept asking me for a piece all night. I finally told him they were looking for a knife to cut it. Surprisingly, that satisfied him. But, he devoured his piece! After the cake, he was in a good mood and forgot about how much he hated wearing his pink tie. He started to enjoy himself for the last hour of the reception.
I had to put this in here. It is blurry. But, Daven owned the dance floor. At the end of the night, he was dancing and dancing. He didn't want to stop. They had a live band and he was getting into it. He has some great moves. Everyone was getting the biggest kick out of him, even the band! Daven is like his Aunt Erica......always the life of the party!!

3 comments:

John and Rachael Alexander said...

It was so good to see you guys for Erica's wedding and it was amazing! It was perfect! Your little boys were so cute and Daven really was tearing it up on the dance floor with some great moves! You look so cute pregnant and I can't believe that dress was only $9! I'll have to check out Ross's maternity selection up here!

Molly said...

You and your sister are so cute! It looks and sounds like you had a fabulous time!

Nick and Erica Hart said...

Daven really was killing me on the dance floor!! :) haha. I loved that!! And I loved giving them hugs at the temple. That makes me happy that Logan was so sweet. I love that Daven asked "who am I going to marry?" So cute!! And...you only wore the shoes for the pictures?!?! jk--thanks for all your help and making sure everything worked out perfect. You are the best sister. :)