Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Avery Goes Swimming

We had a low-key Memorial Day weekend. We did go swimming on Monday & invited Mike's friend Mark over to swim and have dinner. He just moved here from Chicago. The boys LOVE Mark......
We got Avery all dressed up to swim, then this is what happened. She fell asleep. Look how cute those rolls are on her thighs, not to mention the belly! We call her our chunky monkey sometimes.
To our surprise, she woke up after a few minutes. Mike wanted to bring her in so bad. I was worried she would scream....the water is still quite cold. It takes me a few minutes to work up the nerve to get all the way in. But, she LOVED it. She didn't cry once. I was so surprised. Way to go Avery!
It was a challenge trying to keep her out of the sun. I stayed mostly in one shady spot in our pool & we didn't stay in very long.
Even though she is so little, I think she is the oldest Bryner baby to have her first swim. But, she gets the bravery award because she definately had the coldest water for her swimming debut. The boys both got July swim water, which feels much like the bathtub.

Just a cool shot of Logan. Doesn't that look like so much fun! Wish I could still do that!

1 comment:

Maddy said...

I love a little chubby baby in a swim suit! And you are looking FABO in your swim suit Missy.

Signed, Your very jealous pal