Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Energizer Bunny

The Energizer Bunny lives at our house. His name is Daven. He wakes up at 5:30 a.m. every morning and keeps going....and going.....and GOING. At 8 p.m. he is still going strong. I am amazed at all his energy.

I think he got the early bird gene from my dad. I don't think my dad has every slept in a day in his whole life, always up with the sunrise. I think Daven got the energy gene from the Bryner side of the family. All good things, wish some of his energy would wear off on me.

We were amazed on Saturday because Daven woke up at 5 a.m. He was busy all day. We went to a baptism, played with friends, went swimming, then went to the stake fair. At 9 p.m. we thought he would show some signs of fatigue, but nope, he started running laps with his friend Nate at the fair. Amazes me!

I never thought I would say this, but I am getting ready to send him off to kindergarten. He needs somewhere to direct all of his energy. It is going to be so good for him. I always looked at this time and thought I would be too sad to send him off. I have always enjoyed having him around. I still enjoy having him around, it is just that he needs more. I've been trying to arrange lots of play dates for him & that helps tons. I am glad in some ways that school starts in July! I'm sure, though, that once he is in school I will be so excited to go pick him up when the day is over. Bitter sweet.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

I soooooo hear you! I cannot believe how much energy boys have!