Monday, March 31, 2008

The Boys

The boys are doing really well today. We went to the ENT first thing this morning. Logan had to get his tubes checked. The doctor said that everything looked fine. There was no fluid. Then he asked if I had any concerns about speech. Right at that moment, Logan said, "mommy, milk, please." I said No. 
He did give us some fitted ear plugs to use in the summer when we take him swimming. I told him how Mike got some water in his ear last month during a bath. Logan was so fussy after that and was scared of baths for a few weeks. The doctor said he didn't want to risk Logan getting fearful of the pool. So only $8 later I was on my way. He said the tubes should fall out anytime between Aug. and Sept. 
I am just praying that Logan won't need another set of tubes. He has been the happiest baby since we got those in. I was telling the doctor, it just keeps getting better. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I guess it is such a minor procedure, though, if he does need another set, I won't think it is that big of a deal.

Then, we went to Target to get Daven more underwear. He chose Mickey underwear.
We also went to the gym. The highlight of the day, though, was Daven's soccer practice. He likes it. He is learning how to dribble the ball. He told me the other day, "mom, we DON'T touch the ball with our hands" I am glad he is at least learning something. He came over today for a water break and said, "I had to kick the ball TEN times." After we got home, though, he said, "SOCCER MAKES ME TIRED." 

Logan wants to be big like Daven so much. He kept saying "Big Kids, Soccer" today at the park. He wants to run out on the field with his "DAMEN" I am excited, though, because, on Thursday, Logan and I will start our music class together. It is through the city. A couple of my friends have taken it and really liked it. It will be fun for him to have something all his own. He already pushes Daven out of Nursery when we drop him off. He wants it to be all his own. So stinkin cute. I love those boys so much. And my Mikey, too. 5 weeks left of school. YAY!!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I keep dreading the day Cash's tubes fall out. I will be first in line to get them redone if he gets another infection. I just wish he could talk! He has failed his hearing tests up until end of January. They did a brain test on him and don't see any permanent damage. But his speech is digressing. So that is why everything is meeeeee. It was cute....not so much when I am the only one who can decipher it all! I love how independent he seems to be! Boys are the best!!

Maddy said...

OK, I was going to write something clever, but then I saw DAMEN in really big letters and it reminded me that I have Boy School tomorrow on recognizing their names and I haven't done a darn thing.

DOH!

Ann said...

Hey! I just found your blog! It's so fun to keep up even though I don't see you guys that often. I have to admit that I have missed having your boys over!

Brady's on his second set of tubes and hopefully when these ones fall out, we'll be good to go. But...if there is even the smallest indication of trouble, I am so on the phone with my favorite Dr. Mancuso! It's just not worth the struggle for them or you!

I also wanted to ask you if you've got Daven in preschool next year and if so where? I had a couple places in mind for Brady and nothing is working out for us and now since it's getting later in the year...I'm starting to panic!

The Reading Armadillo said...

Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog. The music thing is pretty easy. Just go to my blog and scroll all the way to the bottom. There is a button that says create playlist (or something like that) it will take you to the site. You have to sign up (it's free, and they've never sent me an email or anything) then you can choose whatever songs you want. When you have your playlist ready they have steps for putting it on your own blog. It's really easy. Let me know if you have questions.