Monday, March 31, 2008

The Plumbing

So today ended up being a crazy day. I got home from taking Logan to the ENT to get his tubes checked. Everything looked good, so that was nice. I went into our guest bathroom and the floor was soaking wet. I yelled to Mike (I am so glad he was home). He came in and we immediately tried to wipe up the water and get rid of the clog. The plumber that came out last November said that we have a very "sensitive" system. When it clogs up we have to run the tub, the sink, and the toilet to release the clog. Well, our efforts didn't pan out. Water came spilling up into the tub and water began pouring out onto the floor.
I called roto rooter while Mike began getting more towels to catch the mess. Luckily, they came quickly. I told them that I bet there is a baby kitten down there (remember when that cat had kittens in our yard?). He laughed at me. No, there was no kitten. But he thinks that there is definately a blockage of some kind. He is betting on a thomas the train being flushed down there. I told him, "My boys don't do things like that." He just laughed. I was serious, but I guess it is possible. 
Anyways, he got the toilet to work and most of the clog released but not the main blockage. It stinks!!! So our next bet is to stick a camera down there, which costs another 300.00. Wow! If it is a Thomas the Train, I will be sooo mad!
So, then I cleaned and sterilized and re-cleaned the bathroom after her left. I am still washing the towels. 
I think heavenly father is telling me to repent. Yesterday the lesson was on repentance in Relief Society. I think this is all symbolic of how I need to clean out my spiritual pipes as well.
This stinks, literally.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a nightmare!!! I hope it's not a train either!

Maddy said...

EWWWW! That is pretty awful. I'm so glad Mike was around to help out. Can't wait to find out what it is.

Mayeb tanner did it. Let's blame him since they live in Utah and all!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's not fair!! We were long gone before that clog appeared, Maddy Rogers, so no blamin' us!!