Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Sunday


Here is a picture of all of us on Easter Sunday. We took this right outside the church (after church). I had one of those days where I told Mike that next year we are having Frozen Pizza for Easter dinner. Has anyone else ever felt like this? 

The boys woke up around 8 a.m. and had so much fun hunting for eggs. They found their baskets right away (behind the couch). Then, Mike and I spent about an hour playing with them. From there, I needed to get the rolls started and make the potatoes. Then, I had about an hour of Relief Society stuff to do. Then, there was lunch to do and get ready for church. 

By the time we were heading to church, we were all so GRUMPY with each other because I had tried to squeeze way too much into one morning. Despite all of this, dinner turned out really fun. We had some friends over and the kids just played and played. So, after that, I was glad I did the rolls and potatoes and hosted Easter dinner. But, during the morning, I felt like I just wanted to be able to soak everything in and spend more time with the boys. 

How do we strike the right balance?

4 comments:

jacque said...

Let me know when you find the answer!

Maddy said...

UGH! I was grumpy on Easter Sunday too. By the time I got the chairs set up in Primary I had missed half of Sacrament meeting and the kids were wild in Primary, 2 teachers just didn't show up, everyone needed something from me, Nate wouldn't sit still. . . when I left I kept thinking -- wasn't I suppose to be spiritually nourished today?

But then we came home and took naps and everything was ok.

Maddy said...

PS You all look so cute together!

staci said...

What a picture perfect little family!